I had this one for breaky as it’s not over sweet and the fresh sweetness of the strawberries is so inviting and comforting. It tastes rich, but completely healthy and low in calories, what more can you ask for?
If not for breakfast, I also think this would be a great spread for scones or sandwiched in a sponge cake.
I initially wanted to make a chocolate orange tofu mousse, but forgot to buy the chocolates and orange…doh! The strawberries were calling out for me to buy them. They looked too vibrant and juicy to resist…aaand they were a bargain! Bonus!
So here you have it, a baby of tofu, ginger and strawberries was born and devoured almost immediately.
- 1 tub of firm tofu
- 1/2 a punnet of strawberries (10 – 12 medium)
- 1 tablespoon of pure natural honey
- 3 tablespoons soy milk
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and pulse until smooth and creamy
- transfer into small ramekins then chill in the fridge until you are ready to serve