What a long title. Maybe I should reconsider that one?
Anyway, this was last nights dinner. I love warm salads and grilled veg. This one is a keeper.
I bought some fresh locally grown beefy shitake mushrooms from our local supermarket. Wow..the juiciness the bursting flavour. In my opinion they win hands down on any mushroom I have ever eaten. I never dressed them in anything. The only addition was olive oil which I used to grease the grill pan. Wonderful. Oh how I love fresh veggie’s. They beat meat any day in my opinion.
I’ll never call myself a vegetarian, I just have a love for the beautiful veggies ♥♡
So here it is my salad if the month, enjoy.
- A bunch of spinach washed and shredded thickly
- 1 carrot, peeled into slithers
- 8 green Olives dices
- 8 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 10 small beefy mushrooms of your choice
- 1 medium aubergine, cut into discs
- 1 cup of soy beans or any bean of your choice
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- a splash of olive oil
Dressing for the spinach and carrots:
- 1 tsp honey
- a plash of oliveoil
- a splash of apple cider vinegar
- a sprinkle of freshly cracked pepper
- grease your grill pan with a little olive oil
- Cut the spears off of the asparagus and set aside
- chop the asparagus stocks evenly
- place all of your veggies and beans out evenly
- cook on medium heat, turning occasionaly
- In the mean time assemble the rest of the ingredients in a bowl and cover with the vinegar dressing. Allow the salad to sit and the flavours to mingle.
- When the veggies are cooked nicely, turn off the heat.
- Steam the asparagus spears gently. You want them to be a little crunchy.
- Dress 2 plates with the spinach salad then evenly place the grilled veggies on top
- Garnish with an umeboshi and the asparagus spears then serve.