It’s most definitely salad season here in Japan… Yipeee!!! Absolutely one of my most enjoyed foods.
The joy with salad is, you can go as simple or complex as you like, there are no limits!! Time to get creative…
What type of salad makes your mouth water? I want to try them all!! Please post your comments 😀
Today, despite the gray dull rainy weather, I never lost my appetite for preparing tonight’s salad.
Perhaps that’s the reason the sun shone for the first and only time today when I decided to photograph my creation…hhhmmmm, maybe 🙂
- Around 2 cups of spinach
- 1 shredded carrot
- 1 shredded small cucumber
- 1 chopped small red pepper
- 6 chopped green olives
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 1 cup pasta
- 1/4 cup bulgur wheat
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 9 cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- A hand full of chopped basil
- Roughly 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- 1/2 cup celery leaves
- 1/2 can tuna(drained)
- 1 tsp wasabi
- 1 tbsp Mayo(light)
- 3 tbsp soy milk
- Boil your pasta and bulgur in separate pans according to the package instructions.
- In the mean time, Wash and chop your veg.
- As soon as your pasta and bulgur have finished cooking, rinse with cold water, simply to avoid over cooking and wilting your fresh greens.
- Assemble your salad, keeping aside the avocado, tomatoes and sunflower seeds as these are to garnish the salad. Squeeze the lemon juice over and mix through,
- For the dressing, combine all ingredients and set aside. I love my wasabi strong, so carefully add and taste, add and taste until you reach your desired strength. Even if you feel it’s still a little over powering, you will find the flavour will mellow out when mixed into your salad.
- Drizzle a little of the dressing over each serving.
- Finally garnish with the avocado, seeds and tomatoes.