Here you will find my yummy banana loaf recipe in the shape of little manly style cupcakes. I was going make a traditional cup cake recipe with all the frills and a variety of flavours, but I didn’t! Instead, I settled on, in my opinion, the perfect sponge. They are like mini banana loaf buns, however, this time I topped them with a chocolate & cinnamon cream cheese frosting for added naughtiness. They do look a little manlier than your usual cup cake, don’t they? So that’s who I made them for, a newly turned 30-year-old man. Welcome to my world!
Happy Birthday Tom!!
- 113g butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup sugar (granulated, caster, or mix in some demerara, whatever you have to hand)
- 1 cup self raising flour (I couldn’t find self raising here in Japan so used all purpose)
- [1.5 tsp baking powder & 1/2 tsp salt] – if you use all purpose
- 2 eggs
- 3 medium, very ripe bananas
- Handful crushed walnuts
- 1 tsp heaped cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp clove powder
- 1 tsp nutmeg powder
- 1 bar of chocolate (broken into small pieces)
- Pre-heat oven to 130 degrees
- Grease a muffin tray with butter or marg
- Mash the bananas with a sturdy fork or blend in a blender
- Cream the butter and sugar together and mix in the eggs
- Mix together the mushy bananas.
- Mix in the sieved flour and spices
- Mix in the chocolate raisins and crushed walnuts.
- divide evenly between muffin holes and bake for 40 minutes
- check for they’re by piercing the center of a cup cake. If it comes out clean, cool at room temperature then decorate as desired.