This post is mainly for personal reference, but contains useful information for anyone interested in natural simple cosmetics for the face and body. I have gathered some concoctions made purely from some of the goodness you have in your fridge.
Unluckily for me, when I’m stressed it shows in my skin. I have tried so many products to relieve me of my discomfort, but regardless of how expensive or popular they are, nothing has worked better than the good old natural remedies.
Here are a few which are straight forward and easy to prepare.
Lemon & Milk peel lotion with AHA
For all skin types (except very sensitive due to the use of lemon)
- 62 ml milk (whole milk)
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice (fresh)
- 1/2 tsp of warmed pure honey
- Combine all the ingredients thoroughly and refrigerate.
- Use within 4-5 days
- Use in the evening as the lemon juice makes your skin photo sensitive.
- Apply with a cotton pad/ball after cleansing and toning and sleep on it.
- In the morning your skin will feel all soft and plumpy and look radiant.
Olive & Lime Mask
This mask is full of AHAs which will soften and revive dull skin.
- 2 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp lime juice
- whisk the ingredients together until the mixture becomes cloudy
- apply to skin and leave for 30 mins
- wipe gently with a dry cloth.
- You can also leave this on overnight and rinse off in the morning.
rub a little pure natural honey onto the blemish then leave for an hour.
wash of with warm water then rub a halved clove of garlic on the blemish.
Garlic is a strong antiseptic, which should rid you of the unsightly blemish in a couple of days.