Success, I wasn’t tempted or distracted to buy anything from the supermarket that wasn’t necessary or overly indulgent. I also remembered to pick up some oranges for this particular post.
So here we have it, the Chocolate Orange Mousse I’ve been meaning to make!
I have to admit, the other mousse I have made in the past, in particular the strawberry one, there was a hint of tofu taste I wasn’t overly happy about. The taste doesn’t bother me, but I guess it may put some people off and sway them away from the power and versatility of the wonderful stuff.
But here, however, no one will be able to guess the full ingredients.
After making deserts, I can’t resist testing the batter or in this case, completely cleaning the entire blender of any trace of chocolate orange mousse with my spoon. This one is a pleaser. I’m never so confident about my food until I have had at least one other person try it, but this one is an absolute exception.
My pouring/presentation skills have a little to be desired, but I am a learner after all.
What really matters is the pure deliciousness of the content.
I assure you it’s a good one and extremely easy to make.
Ingredients: (serves 2)
- 100g 70% Coco Chocolate
- A knob of butter
- The juice and zest of 1 small orange or 1/2 Med/Large Orange
- 150g Firm tofu
- 1/2 tsp Ginger Powder
- 1 tbsp Pure Natural honey or Brown Sugar
- 1st melt the chocolate in a double boiler, when it is melting nicely add the nob of butter and honey/sugar
- In a blender add all the other ingredients and blend until smooth
- When the chocolate has melted fold in the tofu slowly mixing until the colour is even
- There with be remains of tofu mixture on the blender, so transfer the chocolate tofu to the blender and blend together scraping the white from the sides to create an even colour.
- Pour into small serving dishes, cover and chill until you are ready to serve, one hour + is best.
- Garnish with a slice of orange and serve.